Langsung ke konten utama

Hi, my name is FOMO


Based on the true event.

As a student, we have to pay to attend 24/7 in WhatsApp just to check out our mess schedule. Our campus system never had a fixed schedule for learning activities. So, our leader must call the lecture every single day just to check out if they won't teach us tomorrow. That how I start to get those symptoms. 

Sometimes, the lecture replies to our leader's message at 10 pm and he would inform that confirmation at 11 pm. I never sleep at more than 12 pm inactive day till one day, I got inform at 11.45 pm that we will start study at 8 am on the next day. I slept early and woke up at 7.50 am. So, I became the crazy girl who runs to the faculty without took a shower at all. Even to brush my teeth, I didn’t have enough time. I had been late and can’t enter class many times because of that.

I confess that I have bad time management. To sleep, eat, study, take a bath, I still confuse to decided which activity should I start. But in fact, I had a bad schedule too. I got stress. I should wake up early to stand by if I have to submit an online class suddenly. Sleep late just to check if there is no more shocking info would notice. 

I am beaten.

I was afraid to lose a piece of several news, even just for a minute I couldn’t take my eyes away from my phone. I was afraid to saw the group chat room with more than 50 messages on there. I was scared to hear a notification sound. I had a crazy wait for the batteries on charged. I didn’t want to lose any class. Missing 3 absent that’s mean you couldn’t go to the final exam. And that’s the real ending of student life.

I couldn’t quit and ignored the chat room even just for a little thing. I had afraid of being lost a slot in the research club selection. I want to do my own research. When there is no room for me to join that research, that’s means I have to do something I won’t.

I used my phone in that high intensity. So crazy, till I got an injury on my left eye. But after took some generic medicine, my eye became normal again. I felt dizzy and nauseous after reading one paragraph in an e-book. And I still dizzy to reading another one before I stopped. After a couple weeks, I got pain in my stomach. it seems like diarrhea but it’s not.

When I couldn’t see my phone anymore, I heard google assistant talk at midnight. That’s creepy. I told my parents but they didn’t hear any sound. That’s the room was quiet. But I was the only one who heard that voice. Google said she nervous about my question. The next day, she said she was in error.

I have to stop study in 4 days because I gave up looking at anything by phone, laptop, tablet, or anything. I couldn’t print that textbook because it’s too much. I knew I couldn’t hold 2 credits in clinic subject at that moment. And I didn’t it. I couldn’t get my best score on the exam and I sacrificed my grade score for that last subject.

I didn’t go to psychiatry because of my fear of that medical track. I didn’t want people to know how deep am I hang on that phone and became sick. I still have to do anything with my phone. I must do an internship this month, write a few essays, and so on. I can’t sleep. I need my phone to listen to music while I was sleep. By using that technology, how can I tolerant with that? 

Now, I am in a crisis of dopamine. I got stress easiest, feel lonely and sad. Since I can’t look at my phone, I need someone help to check my phone every minute. I lost a lot of motivation to read anything and I hate to study. I just silent and I am waiting for all of this moment to pass over than me.

Be aware of your phone. Manage them before they manage your life.




Postingan populer dari blog ini

HELLO MY WORLD, IT'S GOOD TO BE COMEBACK.

I found I stopped blogging around 6 years and want to make some new faces within. Six years.. I lost inspiration, most energy, and motivation. So today, with the first publishing after many years I want to say hi and thanks to everyone who pushed me to start writing again. You will find something different like new content. Previously, I just write an opinion and random things here. So, I added health and science stuff. I am using English in a few contents from now. I know I am not an expert in English like many of my friends. And you will find so much bad grammar here. But I am trying to expand my area and develop my knowledge. Honestly, I had a lot of unconfident either. But I felt like I can’t stop. I want to do something that many people around my life rarely do. So with my unconfident, I will write in 2 languages. I am sorry if you feel uncomfortable with my bad English. You just don’t have to read the English content or you can leave this blog like.. forever. This blog ...

5 Manfaat Ikut Program KKN Tematik Covid 19 Daring.

5 Manfaat Ikut Program KKN Tematik Covid 19 Daring.  KKN Tematik Covid 19 2020 Unsplash.com/Gaelle Marcel Sebagai tindak lanjut dari upaya penanganan Covid 19 melalui program Relawan Covid 19 Nasional (RECON) dan implementasi Tridharma perguruan tinggi melalui kebijakan Kampus Merdeka, Merdeka Belajar, Ditjen Dikti Kemdikbud berkolaborasi dengan BNPB, AIPKI, ISMKI dan dukungan berbagai  stakeholders , menyelenggarakan program Kuliah Kerja Nyata Tematik (KKNT) yang terkait dengan Covid 19. Salah satu tema dalam program KKNT ini ialah “Covid 19 – Daring”. Nah, pelaksanaan KKNT daring (dalam jaringan) ini cenderung membuat peserta merasa bosan dibandingkan luring (luar jaringan). Selain karena mereka tidak bisa berkumpul bersama rekan satu tim, pengadaan program kerja pun terbatas jika dilakukan hanya dari rumah sehingga KKN tidak terlihat menarik lagi. Tetapi jika melihat  benefit  yang ditawarkan setelah program KKNT Covid 19 ini selesai, kita pasti akan kembali mempe...